Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Our family update.

I hope everyone is doing well! Things have been very hectic here with school starting for the kids and my transfer at work.Nicholas is starting clarinet, too cute! I did make it to yoga class tonight for the first time in a while and I'm thankful for that. Just wanted to let everyone know that we took one baby step closer (pun intended!) to our referral today. Someone who was on the infant waiting list for either gender, one of our two lists, got their referral so there is one less person in front of us on that list. They waited about 16 months to be matched. As you may remember we are first on the list for siblings one being under 5 and the other being an infant. We have been first on that list for 4 months. Anyway... if you are reading this and haven't voted in our poll please do so, there is only one week left to vote!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Laura. I have been checking your site to see if there has been any news. It is hard for me to wait, so I can not imagine how hard it is for your family!! Hoping it happens soon!

Staci

Evelyn said...

Laura, it was great so see SOME movement in our whole process. How exciting/exhausting this time must be for you. I'm in that phase of not even being able to visualize it, afraid it won't happen! Referrals like the one you mentioned help!

I don't know how you've been able to be at the top of a list for 4 months! That is crazy talk! I hope, hope, hope you don't have to wait much longer!

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling you will get a referral very soon!!

Staci

Evelyn said...

Thanks for the nice comment, Laura! Namaste to you, too. I love the music on your blog, by the way...

Waiting on our worlds to change :)

Evelyn said...

Thanks for the comment about collaging... if you try it, do share :) I'd love to see it.

Peace!